The Greater-than Less-than Machine teaches the concept of greater than and less than with numbers to two decimal places.
For fourth graders.
[ultimatepro 2 /]
Time needed to build the machine and teach the lesson: 45 minutes
To build this machine in a class of 25 you will need these parts:
- 8” x 10” mat boards, package of 25
- One package of Loew Cornell Jumbo Sticks, 75-count pack
- 25 machine sheets – click here and print them out on a color printer. The sheets are designed to use color ink sparingly.
- 50 medium-sized rubberbands
- Standard one-hole punch (1/4″ hole) – we recommend one punch per six children
- Estimated parts cost: $20
You will also need:
- Scotch tape – we recommend one roll per five children
- Scissors for each child
Illustrated, step-by-step assembly instructions & Lesson Plan (one page) Click here